Marketing automation is no passing trend–it’s here to stay. Thanks to tools that make ongoing communication with on-going customers possible, more and more businesses are increasing lead collection–and they’re ultimately driving more sales.
We’ve talked before about how you can use online automation as a game-saver with a personal touch, but today, we wanted to focus on the rise of automation in the realm of marketing resources. The growth in this aspect of the industry has been tremendous–and it continues to become more and more popular.
Don’t believe us? Check out the numbers. Take a look at these 15 stats on marketing automation that show how it is truly changing the game when it comes to conversions and sales.
Marketing Automation Stats
- Best-in-Class companies are 67% more likely to use a marketing automation platform. -Aberdeen
- 91% of the most successful users agree that marketing automation is “very important” to the overall success of their marketing across channels. -Marketo
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation for more than 2 years. -Gleanster
- 63% of companies that are outgrowing their competitors use marketing automation. -Lenskold and Pedowitz
- B2C marketers who take advantage of automation – which includes everything from cart abandonment programs to birthday emails – have seen conversion rates as high as 50%. -eMarketer
- Monthly Google searches for “marketing automation” have grown by 22%, from 12,100 in Feb 2014 to 14,800 in January 2015. -Spokal
- 63% of users plan to increase their marketing automation budget this year. -Marketo
- Marketing automation users have seen an average increase of sales revenues by 34%. -Pardot
- Relevant emails sent with marketing automation software drive 18 times more revenue than just email blasts. -Hubspot
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead. -Nucleus
- Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years. -Hubspot
- Revenue for B2B marketing automation systems increased 60% to $1.2 million in 2014, compared to a 50% increase in 2013. -VentureBeat
- As of 2013, 25% of Fortune 500 B2B companies had adopted email marketing automation. -ClickZ
- 76% of SaaS companies are using marketing automation. -Pardot
- Relevant emails delivered through marketing automation receive 18 times more revenue than email blasts. -Salesforce
Why Marketing Automation?
So what can we glean about the future of marketing automation from the statistics represented here? A few key things:
- Marketing automation frees up team members to focus on other things, while enabling them to send time or action-triggered, hyper-relevant messages to customers.
- Adoption of marketing automation is wide-spread. For some industries, as much as three-fourths of all companies are already using it.
- Marketing automation encompasses email, lead development, website design, and more.
- Businesses are interested in not only learning how to harness the power of marketing automation, but they’re spending more on it, too.
The bottom line: Automation improves marketing–and it’s not a threat to the marketer. Just like social media has improved our ability to communicate with customers, automation is another resource for improving the conversation with interested, engaged consumers.
What You Need to Do About It
Know that you fully understand the value of marketing automation, your next step should be looking into your options–whether it’s through in-house software or via outsourcing this aspect of your business to an agency.
If you’re not quite ready to jump in with both feet, start by continuing to build your email list–so that when you are ready to pursue automation, you have a robust list of interested customers who are ready to hear what you have to say.
Your turn: Have you seen any other interesting marketing automation stats that weren’t listed here? We’d love to hear them!
When she’s not assisting wherever she can within our organization, you can find her eating pizza, solving sudoku puzzles and hanging out with her family.
Latest posts by Cassi Knight (see all)
- How You Can Reuse Your Content in 7 Ways - August 6, 2017
- How to Turn Subscribers Into Enthusiastic Buyers - July 16, 2017
- 5 Ways to Instill a Sense of Urgency in Your Emails - May 25, 2017