Email marketing is one of the easiest, most effective ways to grow your business. And that’s why so many people are focused on growing their list of subscribers right now.
The numbers paint a clear picture of success for this channel: Nearly 1 in 5 companies using email marketing report an ROI of more than $76, and 50% of marketers anticipate spending more on email marketing in the future.
The question for you, then, is: What steps do you need to take to make email marketing just as effective for your own operation?
In this post, we’ll dive into a simple process that will get you on the path to a growing, thriving email list that’s consistently generating revenue.
Define Your Objectives
The very first step in growing your list of email subscribers is to define what your goals are. Ask yourself: Are you trying to reach a specific subscriber count? Reach a target revenue goal from email sales?
Try to set benchmarks that you can evaluate on a regular basis, like monthly or bimonthly, so you’re always reaching for the next tier of success. Your goals should be SMART:
By setting clear, realistic goals from the very beginning, you can make smart choices related to your email marketing that allow you to quickly and easily accomplish what’s important.
Find a Flexible Email Platform
Using a standard email account can be tricky when trying to efficiently grow, manage, and segment a growing list of subscribers. And without using a dedicated email service, you miss out on helpful automation tools and segmentation resources that allow you to deliver relevant, personalized content.
Because of this, you’ll want to find an email service provider that meets your business needs. You’ll want to ask yourself the following questions when selecting the option that’s right for you:
- Can I afford the costs associated with this platform?
- Do they offer mobile-friendly templates?
- Is it easy to use and send messages?
Find a platform that is flexible enough to meet your business needs, but won’t break the bank. Most providers offer plans with costs directly tied to the number of subscribers you have, so you’ll only pay in accordance to your pace of growth.
Get a List-Building Resource That Works
Once you have a smart platform in place, it’s time to think about what strategy you need to be successful. Sometimes this means taking a course that shows you how to realistically achieve list-growing success, reading a great book with helpful tips, or learning from an expert.
The question is, where do you find these types of resources? Let’s look at a few different options you could consider:
- Email service providers like Sendlane and Hubspot have helpful blog content with step by step strategies for rapid list growth that you can test with your own business.
- Podcasts like Entrepreneur on Fire have fantastic interviews with email marketing experts who can share their insight on how to grow your email list.
- EmailTools is one resource that is helping many entrepreneurs grow their subscriber lists – fast. This design suite also offers Email Mastery training, which is an online course that teaches you how to maximize your email marketing both with EmailTools and without, driving bigger lists and engagement. This accelerated Email Marketing training will help you capitalize on the 4 features of highly effective email: engagement, personalization, urgency, and feedback.
Whatever path you choose, education is a big part of the equation. Try to be open to learning from others who’ve achieved success in this area, and learn from their experiences so you can speed up the process when it’s your turn to grow a thriving list of your own.
Use Email Best Practices
When you’re on the path to growing your email subscriber list, don’t forget to follow the best practices. Be sure that you’re maintaining a high level of quality, so your subscribers always see real value in the messages you send out – and remain engaged with your email marketing.
Best practices include:
- Write compelling subject lines that drive up open rates
- Compose emails people actually want to read
- Analyze metrics that matter to gauge success
- Make your messages engaging
- Stay on top of email marketing trends
If you can follow these tried and tested strategies, your list will become a revenue-generating machine.
Grow Your List Today
Ready to start getting more email subscribers? Take the steps we’ve laid out here, along with some really great tools and put them into action. In no time at all, you’ll be on the path to an amazing, robust subscriber list- and you’ll have an audience that looks forward to hearing from you.
What other strategies have you found to be highly effective for growing an email list? We’d love to hear your favorite tips and tricks – feel free to share them in the comments.
When she’s not assisting wherever she can within our organization, you can find her eating pizza, solving sudoku puzzles and hanging out with her family.
Latest posts by Cassi Knight (see all)
- How You Can Reuse Your Content in 7 Ways - August 6, 2017
- How to Turn Subscribers Into Enthusiastic Buyers - July 16, 2017
- 5 Ways to Instill a Sense of Urgency in Your Emails - May 25, 2017