You’ve heard the buzz. Social Media “this”, Social Media “that” but truth be told Email Marketing is the BEST means to communicate with your audience.
…as long as you’re doing it RIGHT!
Now, email is an incredible tool. It is checked multiple times a day by people who monitor their accounts and your message is delivered directly to the person without the “social media clutter.” Here are the main reasons why email marketing is better than social media:
- 85% of people on the internet connect via email. Only 62% of people do so via social media.
- Engagement is higher. The average newsletter of 10,000 should get anywhere from 20-30% engagement in which most social media outlets only get 1.6% (depending on traffic and messaging). Why? Because of the social media CLUTTER and NOISE!
- Email is made for business. Think about it. Email marketing is business, social media is personal. Why would you try to mix personal with business? Consumers EXPECT business emails, they do not EXPECT social media business. They use social media to connect with friends, family, and entertainment.
- Simple Numbers: There are 3 TIMES the number of EMAIL accounts to Facebook & Twitter combined – a total of 2.6 Billion people in the world. So, why would you ignore the channel that the MAJORITY of people use?
I know plenty of people that avoid social media, but they all have emails. Think about that!
At the end of the day, the BEST solution is to use BOTH email marketing and social media marketing. But I were to pick ONE, I would pick email marketing HANDS DOWN to social media.
Let me know in the comments below what YOU think!
Latest posts by Jimmy Kim (see all)
- The Three Types of Email Marketers: Mr. Nice Guy, The Professional, and Mr. Hammer Down, Baby! - March 13, 2017
- Start 2017 Off Right: Clean Your List - January 6, 2017
- What 8 Years of Words Has Taught Me - December 12, 2016